The tallest peak of the world, Everest has been a dream of every trekker. How about a night trek to the tallest peak of Maharashtra?
Kalsubai, standing at 5,400 ft is the tallest peak in Maharashtra and its commanding view also overlooks all major treks in Igatpuri area including Ratangad, Harishchandragad, AMK, etc.
It is not just about climbing the tallest peak, “The view from the top is uncomparable! It has one of the best sights I have seen from the top in Sahyadris…. the sun can be actually seen rising from the horizon. It is literally like walking on the clouds. And the rays of sunrise falling on it has a magical effect!” Exlcaims an ex climber.
Although the Sahyadris are famous for its monsoon treks, the magic of post-monsoons is highly under-rated! The chill of night is a perfect respite from the city heat and pollution, and the amazing cloud formations, which can be viewed from the top during sunrise, is something which cannot be described in words.
Join us to climb Kalsubai just when the Monsoon recedes as we organise a night trek on 17th September.
Difficulty level – Medium/High Endurance
08:30 PM – Meet and pickup at Andheri
09:30 PM – Pickup stop at Thane
01:30 AM – Arrive at the Base village + Briefing & Introduction session
02.00 AM – Start the Night trek
06:00 AM – Reach at the summit and rest
06:30 AM – Witness the spectacular Sunrise and have packed breakfast later
08:00 AM – Start descending
12:00 PM – Have Lunch
02:00 PM – Depart for Mumbai
07:00 PM – Arrive in Mumbai
Dates & Prices
|Start-End Dates||Price||Trip Status||Number of travellers|
|16th Sep 2017 - 17th Sep 2017||1500||Available|
Dates – 16th-17th September
Meeting point & Pickup point 1– (Time: 08:30 PM)
Andheri- Talwalkar Gym, outside Chakala Metro Station (J.B Nagar) Andheri East.
Pickup point 2– (Time: 09:30 PM)
Thane- On Eastern Express Highway, Outside Viviana Mall, Towards Nashik Highway, Laxmi Nagar, Thane West
Charges – Rs. 1,500
Includes – Pickup and drop from Andheri to Andheri (Non-AC Vehicle), Breakfast, Lunch, Guide Charges.
Excludes – Dinner, anything not mentioned above.
· Please refrain from consuming Alcohol or any intoxicant uptill 24 hours before the trek as it may cause severe dehydration, nausea, vomitting and risk to life.
· Avoid carrying heavy weight backpack for this trek. Keep everything covered in a plastic bag as there are high chances of raining.
· The food provided would be simple village food
*Can I do this trek? Yes, you are fit for the trek if you:
· Can jog non-stop for 2 kms, or
· Can walk for 5 kms without feeling tired & breathless, or
· Do some physical activity on a regular basis (Cycling, Swimming, Gym etc)
· Have done a simple trek before of atleast 2 hours
· Have not consumed alcohol in the past 24 hours
· Have no medical condition which causes discomfort during any physical activity
Things to wear:
· Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT WEAR Denims or formals.
· Trekking/ Hiking shoes or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip. Please make sure your shoes are in a fit condition to last through the trek as the sole gets detached from old/ casual shoes
Things to be carried by you:
· Water (2 Litres) Compulsory
· Torch/head torch (compulsory) (mobile torch not allowed)
· Personal First Aid Kit
· Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
· Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
· A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
· Personal Sanitary Kit
· Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
· A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek or incase your shoes tear).
NOTE: Please refrain from consuming Alcohol or any intoxicant uptill 24 hours before the trek as it may cause severe dehydration and risk to life.
Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS)
You (“The user”) understand that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by Carvan Trips (“Us”/ “The Company”) in which the user may engage.
The user confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
The users’ participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold Carvan Trips responsible for any injury, accidents, illness and damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service.
The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, Carvan Trips’ staff, service providers etc; in which case we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the user.
If for any reason the user wishes to abruptly end the trip before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be responsible to provide any refund and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the user.
The user is responsible to follow the instructions of the leader/ service provider and the user has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
Cuts, bruises and minor injuries are normal for an adventure activity. First aid kit is provided and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. Carvan trips take all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required for the particular activity.
During the trip, the trip leader’s decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
Carvan trips hold the rights to change the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. Carvan trips will not be liable for any costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
All activities are described as accurately as possible; however, the exact arrangements may differ slightly on any given day. Photographs are used for representation purpose and should be taken as a guide only.
It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Carvan trips do not hold any responsibility for the outcome of any undisclosed medical condition during the trip.
Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited during the nature treks.
If participants are found violating the rules, Carvan trips reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided.