Beat the heat at the tallestpeak in Maharashtra,the only location where the temperature stays below 20 at night, even in summers! The pre-monsoon Sahyadri skyline looks like a gigantic painting in the horizon,one has to personally experience this magical play of clouds. Couple that with thrilling night trekking experience, and you’ll have a memoir of a lifetime!
Kalsubai, standing at 5,400 ft is the tallest peak in Maharashtra and its commanding view also overlooks all major treks in Igatpuri area including Ratangad, Harishchandragad, AMK, etc. Although the Sahyadris are famous for its monsoon treks, the magic of pre-monsoon is highly under-rated! You can see many fire flies hovering around you, the chill of night is a perfect respite from the city heat and pollution, and the amazing cloud formations, which can be viewed from the top during sunrise, is something which cannot be described in words. Interestingly, one will experience a temperature drop from the base village to the summit of almost 15 degrees!
Join us to climb Kalsubai to enjoy the chill before the Monsoons.
Difficulty level – Medium-High Endurance/ Non-technical
Charges – Rs. 1,500 (Without GST)
Upgrade to Air condition Transport at Rs. 500 Per Person (Without GST)
Dates – 20th – 21st April | 27th – 28th April | 04th – 05th May | 11th - 12th May
Time – 9:00 PM
Meeting point & Pickup point 1 (Time 9:00 PM)
Andheri - Talwalkar Gym, outside Chakala Metro Station (J.B Nagar) Andheri East.
GPS - https://goo.gl/maps/fgZ1nnPb3aq
Pickup point 2 (Time 10:00 PM)
Thane - On Eastern Express Highway, Outside Viviana Mall, Towards Nashik Highway, Laxmi Nagar, Thane West GPS- https://goo.gl/maps/JhBfuiNfkfr
Includes – Transport Andheri to Andheri (Non A/c), Breakfast (Packed Snacks), Lunch, Guide charges, Expertise charges
Excludes – 5% GST, Dinner, anything not mentioned above.
09:00 PM – Meet and pickup at Andheri
10:00 PM – Pickup stop at Thane
03:00 AM – Arrive at the Base village and start the night trek
06:00 AM – Reach at the summit and rest
06:30 AM – Witness the spectacular Sunrise and have packed breakfast
07:30 AM – Start descending
11:00 AM - Have Lunch
12:00 AM – Depart for Mumbai
06:00 PM – Arrive at Andheri
NOTE: Please refrain from consuming Alcohol or any intoxicant uptill 24 hours before the trek as it
may cause severe dehydration and risk to life.
Dates & Prices
|Start-End Dates||Price||Trip Status||Number of travellers|
|No Dates Available. Contact us.|
Things to wear:
- Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT WEAR Denims or formals.
- Trekking/ Hiking shoes or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip. Please make sure your shoes are in a fit condition to last through the trek as the sole gets detached from old/ casual shoes.
Things to be carried by you:
- Water (2 Litres) Compulsory
- Torch/head torch (compulsory) (mobile torch not allowed)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
- Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
- A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
- Personal Sanitary Kit
- Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
- A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek or incase your shoes tear).
Note – Temperature, Formation of mist and existence of Fireflies totally depends on the natural circumstances and cannot be guaranteed.
• Please refrain from consuming Alcohol or any intoxicant up till 24 hours before the trek as it may cause severe dehydration, nausea, vomiting and risk to life.
• Avoid carrying heavy weight backpack for this trek.
• The food provided would be simple village food
• This is a budget nature trip. The food will be simple but tasty authentic village food.
• Permanent toilets are not available at the base village
• In case of any unexpected change in weather or other unforeseen situations that are beyond our control and due to which activity may not be feasible, the operator will try their best to make alternate stay arrangements in the nearby homestay OR village (subject to availability).
• The itinerary is indicative only. A circumstantial delay can be expected on the day. Please make post trip plans after adding a buffer accordingly.
*Can I do this trek? Yes, you are fit for the trek if you:
• Can jog for 2-3 kms without feeling tired & breathless, or
• Do some physical activity on a regular basis (Cycling, Swimming, Gym etc)
• Have no medical condition which causes discomfort during any physical activity