Did you know?
Kalsubai (5,400 ft.) is the tallest peak in Maharashtra where the night temperature goes below 10 degrees Celsius! It also serves as an ideal practice trek (approx. 800 mts. ascend in one night) for any easy grade Himalayan Trek. Here, you can experience a magical play of the sunrise & clouds in a natural backdrop of the gigantic Sahyadri skyline!
Difficulty level – Medium/High Endurance
Arrive at the Base village by 4 PM in the evening and have Tea/snacks. Around sunset, start the trek till the campsite and reach the camping ground located near the summit by dinner time. Later stroll around the camp and enjoy individual merrymaking, storytelling session around the campfire and dancing under the moonlight. Afterwards enjoy local authentic Maharashtrian style Dinner.
Wake up early morning (6.30 AM) & start the small trek to the summit (100mts) to witness the spectacular sunrise! After spending a good hour at the summit, we come back to the campsite and have breakfast, post which we leave the campsite and start the 2-hour descend for the base village. We reach the base village and by noon, freshen up, change into comfortable clothes and have a hearty lunch. Around 3 PM depart for Kasara station & catch the evening train for our onward journey.
Jeep Transport from Kasara station to campsite and back
• Shared Tents
• Sleeping Mattress
Evening- tea and snacks
Lunch (Day 2)
Evening/ Night Trek
Local Guide Charges
Experienced Trek leaders
• Travel till Kasara and back
• Lunch on Day 1 and Dinner on Day 2
And anything not mentioned above.
Meeting Point – Kasara Station
Date: 11th Jan 2020
Time: 12:30 PM
Dates & Prices
|Start-End Dates||Price||Trip Status||Number of travellers|
|Get a discount of 5% on booking 5 or more.|
|8th Feb 2020 - 9th Feb 2020||2000||Available|
|Includes tent stay, transport and meals|
Can I do this trek? Yes, you are fit for the trek if you:
• Can jog non-stop for 2 KMS, or
• Can walk for 5 KMS without feeling tired & breathless, or
• Do some physical activity on a regular basis (Cycling, Swimming, Gym etc)
• Have done a simple trek before of atleast 2 hours
• Have not consumed alcohol in the past 24 hours
• Have no medical condition which causes discomfort during any physical activity
Things to be carried by you:
• Water (2 Litres) Compulsory
• Head Torch/ Flashlight (compulsory) (Avoid using phone light)
• Personal First Aid Kit
• Jacket/ Sweater for night
• Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
• Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
• A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
• Personal Sanitary Kit
• Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
• A pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek).
• Sleeping bag, Mat (optional)
• Light Snacks.
• Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT WEAR Denims or formals.
• Trekking/ Hiking shoes or a NEW pair of sport shoes with a good grip.
• You are responsible for your own safety. Please refrain from consuming Alcohol or any intoxicant up till 24 hours before the trek as it may cause severe dehydration, nausea, vomiting and risk to life.
• Avoid carrying heavy weight backpack for this trek. Keep everything covered in a plastic bag as there can be chances of raining.
• The food provided would be simple village food
• This is a budget nature trip. The facilities available at the campsite are minimal. The tents are simple but cozy, non-luxury tents. The food will be simple but tasty authentic village food.
• Since the campsite is at an eco-sensitive zone, permanent toilets are not available at the campsite but can be accessed at a walking distance.
• Indian style toilets & changing rooms are available at the base village.
• In case of any unexpected change in weather or other unforeseen situations that are beyond our control and due to which camping may not be feasible, the operator will try their best to make alternate stay arrangements in the nearby homestay OR village (subject to availability).
• In case it rains, campfire will not be possible.
• The itinerary is indicative only. A circumstantial delay can be expected on the day. Please make post trip plans after adding a buffer accordingly.