“Cause I'd get a thousand hugs, from ten thousand lightning bugs, as they tried to teach me how to dance! ” – Fireflies, Owl City.
A firefly is actually a beetle. A one of a kind insect which emit Bioluminescence to impress its female counterpart. It’s a celebration, before the shower of love!
Witness the surreal glowing magic of millions of flies through your naked eyes, and capture this mesmerizing action with your lens.
Prabal machi is a huge meadow perched on a hilltop which is not too high above the sea level. It’s an ideal setting for camping as it’s got all the basic amenities (washroom etc.). Interestingly, Prabalmachi is also the base village for a popular trek in the area, Kalavantin Durg. Enthusiasts can join us for an optional morning trek to catch the first sunrise from the top of this geological wonder!
Difficulty level – Easy Trek
Dates – May: 25th - 26th | June 1st - 2nd | June 08th - 09th
Meet at Panvel Station by 5 PM sharp where our representative will meet you and arrange for your transport till the base village. We will have a quick round of introduction and start thr trek towards Prabalmachi. Once at the base village, freshen up and have Dinner and proceed for a Night trail to spot and photograph Firefiles. Late nights are for meeting new travelers and sharing travel stories.
Wake up call and tea at 6 AM sharp post which we will embark on our trek to Kalavantin Durg. Decsend from the trek and have breakfast and then leave for base village.
Dates & Prices
|Start-End Dates||Price||Trip Status||Number of travellers|
|No Dates Available. Contact us.|
Final Meeting point – Ticket counter, Panvel Railway Station
Time – 5:00 PM
Charges – INR1,500 (5% GST extra)
Includes – Dinner, Breakfast, accommodation in Tents/ Homestay (depending on rains) with sleeping mat and blanket, transport from Panvel station to campsite and back to Panvel station, Guided Trek to Kalavantin Durg (optional), Expertise charges
Excludes – Lunch and other charges not mentioned.
Contact number – 08976949403
Things to wear:
• Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT WEAR Denims or formals.
• Trekking/ Hiking shoes (Floaters and Sandals are not allowed) or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip.
Things to be carried by you:
• Water (2 Liters) Compulsory
• Torch (compulsory)
• Personal First Aid Kit
• Wind cheater/Rain coat/ Poncho
• Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
• Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
• A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
• Personal Sanitary Kit
• Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
• A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek)
• Sleeping bag (optional)
How to reach?
Catch a CST – Panvel bound train.
Timings mentioned below
03:39 PM – CST
03:57 PM – Vadala Road
04:08 PM – Kurla
04:28 PM – Vashi
04:59 PM – Panvel
Once you reach Panvel, meet us at the ticket counter. For any clarification, feel free to call us
IMP Note – If you miss the train, you miss the trek! Also, since the monsoons can arrive anytime, we may not be able to camp in tents and would hav to move to a village stay (but the fun of camping is always there!). A blanket and mat will also be provided to sleep in the homestay shelter at Prabalmachi.
• Please refrain from consuming Alcohol or any intoxicant up till 24 hours before the trek as it may cause severe dehydration, nausea, vomiting and risk to life.
• Avoid carrying heavy weight backpack for this trek. Keep everything covered in a plastic bag as there can be chances of raining.
• The food provided would be simple village food
• This is a budget nature trip. The facilities available at the campsite are minimal. The tents are simple but cozy, non-luxury tents. The food will be simple but tasty authentic village food.
• Since the campsite is at an eco-sensitive zone, permanent toilets are not available at the campsite but can be accessed at a walking distance.
• In case of any unexpected change in weather or other unforeseen situations that are beyond our control and due to which camping may not be feasible, the operator will try their best to make alternate arrangements (subject to availability).
• In case it rains, campfire will not be possible.
• The itinerary is indicative only. A circumstantial delay can be expected on the day. Please make post trip plans after adding a buffer accordingly.