A firefly is actually a beetle. A one of a kind insect which emit bioluminescence to impress its female counterpart. It’s a mating celebration, before the shower of love!
Witness the glowing magic of millions of flies as you relax in the Dang forest near Saputara, Gujarat. Enjoy local cuisine, observing and participating in village life, and of course, the peace and quiet of the Dang forest along with its many birds and insects. You can also extend your stay for more nights and enjoy local tribal life, customs, temples, sightseeing and waterfalls.
This phenomenon occurs only for a limited period before the monsoons, so book now!
July 07 2018 – August 07 2018
INR 3,000 per person per night for adults.
INR 1,500 for Kids (aged 5-10)
Free – for Kids below 5 Yrs.
Contact Number: 8976949403
· All (organic) meals – Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
· Accommodation in non- AC room on double sharing basis
· Basic Activity Charges
· Local Coordinator/Escort Charges
· Transportation charges
· Anything that is not mentioned in Inclusion
Arrival and check-in to Farm House followed by an Introduction session & brief orientation. The tribal people will welcome you for Lunch at their home or at the Farm House. Get familiar with the tribal community and learn about the local customs, culture and traditions.
Get a first-hand experience of sustainable living by observing the lifestyle of the locals – use of fish tank (to avoid mosquitoes), the organic way of preserving grains, organic farming techniques etc.
Post dinner, proceed for the firefly show. Witness countless fireflies lighting up like an enchanted forest!
Breakfast at Farm House and checkout. Say Good bye to the tribe & depart with magical memories!
OPTIONAL DAY 2 Local Sight Seeing:
- Shabridham Temple. Explore the panoramic view of the mountain range from the hill top.
- Pampa Sarovar
- Girma Water fall (Gujarat’s Highest waterfall)
- Women Cooperative Society (Processing Cashews)
Our participants who wish to stay in this beautiful environment for more days can look forward to participating in daily chores of tribes like chopping wood, making flour using chakki, de-husking rice using traditional techniques, applying dung on the wall, farming, livestock management, etc. Per night charges remain the same.
Dates & Prices
|Start-End Dates||Price||Trip Status||Number of travellers|
|No Dates Available. Contact us.|
Things to wear:
• Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT WEAR Denims or formals.
• Good Quality Trekking/ Hiking shoes Compulsory (Floaters and Sandals are not allowed) or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip. Please don’t wear formal/ casual/ leather shoes & please ensure the shoes are of good quality & not old as to avoid wear & tear especially of the shoe sole.
• Wind cheater/ Water proof Jacket
Things to be carried by you:
• Water (2 Liters) Compulsory
• Torch/ Flash Light
• Food (Dry Snacks, Biscuits, Theplas, Parathas), Plum cakesetc
• Personal First Aid Kit
• Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc
• Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
• A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
• Personal Sanitary Kit
• Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
• A light pair of slippers in the bag
• Insect Repellant
· This is a form of Eco-tourism for a social cause. Your travel will enhance the livelihood of the villagers since part of the income generated will be earned by them.
· The accommodation is in a basic village home. Clean Rooms with attached sanitation will be provided. Rooms to be shared on double occupancy only. Do not expect luxury, but we assure homely hospitality.
· You have to arrange for your own transportation vehicle.
· Local Taxi/Shared Taxi can be arranged based on actual.
· The package includes Accommodation, Meals, Co-Coordinator at the village & activities mentioned in the itinerary. Any additional requirements can be incorporated based on possibility for arrangement and at extra charges, if apply.
· The itinerary can be customized to your needs.
· This is an Eco tour, so clean up after yourself, conserve water, do not litter and make sure to not offer the locals any food stuff.
· Do not carry heavy luggage while travelling
· Respect the local customs and traditions
· Ask before taking anyone’s photograph
· Remove shoes when you enter any village house
· Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited in Gujarat
· Do not use abusive language or play loud music
· In case of any doubt, talk to your coordinator
· The weather during days tend to be hot, however, the nights are pleasant.
· Fresh Organic Vegetarian meal will be served in breakfast, lunch and dinner.
· Power failures are normal. Carry additional charged batteries.
· In case you spot some wildlife crossing the road while you are driving, please park your vehicle aside, don’t honk and let the animals cross the road. Also give indication/ flash signal to vehicles coming from opposite side so the animal stays unharmed.