Rarely do we get an opportunity to witness something extra-ordinary. Take a Road Trip with us to the little known Velas beach in Maharashtra, where world famous and endangered Olive Ridley turtles visit and lay eggs. Your heart will fill with melancholy and delight when you see the newly hatched baby turtles take their maiden walk into the sea, towards freedom of life.
Mumbai, our beloved maximum city weaves a familiar shot-lived tale of chaos, fame, sorrow and joy. Here we work through the week waiting for the weekend, when all of us dream for an escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. We have meticulously arranged for all experience seekers, a beautifully curated extended weekendroad trip plan, a couple of hours away from the city, to escape the chaos of city life!
We will start our road trip late night from Mumbai in a comfortable AC Bus, crossing the serene Konkan beaches on our way. This adventure filled road trip will take you past some amazing terrain and scenic winding ocean roads.
Apart from the festival, this place is all about its pristine beaches, temples and forts. A well-planned road trip is ideal to explore the coastal sprawl of this quaint little beach town in Ratnagiri.
And so, we will be embarking on a trip to Ratnagiri – home to the king of Indian mangoes – the Alphanso, where we the option tovisit an organic mango farm and can treat ourselves to the superior authentic taste of this fruit. On our return journey, we will go and visit the ruins of Bankot Fort, which is settled by the bay, and offers a beautiful view of the beach surrounded by a forest at one side. This is an apt place to feed the soul of all shutterbugs.
Explore the amazing destination of Velas with Carvan Trips, enjoy the journey, soothe your eyes to mesmerizing views, sulk and sway in happiness and create everlasting memories.
Dates –13th- 15thApril, 2018
Pickup point 1 (Time 11:00 PM)
Andheri - Talwalkar Gym, outside Chakala Metro Station (J.B Nagar) Andheri East. GPS - https://goo.gl/maps/fgZ1nnPb3aq
Pickup point 2 (Time 12:15 AM)
Vashi - Y.B. Chavan Marg Junction sector 17, Vashi, Navi Mumbai (Towards Lonavala)
Contact number – 08976949403
Meet up with our travel expert at 11PM outside Talwalkar Gym near J B Nagar (Chakala) Metro station at Andheri (East). Our overnight Road Tripbegins as we get out of the chaos of the city.
After a long overnight drive, we finally arrive early morning at Velas beach. We will park our luggage at the homestay and rush towards the beach to try our luck for the first turtle hatching sight. Post this, we will head back to our Homestay to freshen up and have breakfast. Afternoon is free to relax or explore nearby villages. In the evening we will head back again to the beach for the turtle sighting. Post sunset we will gather around to watch a documentary on the life and journey of Olive Ridley turtles projected on a white screen right at the beach; after which we will come back for dinner, music, stories and games!
We begin our day with an early wakeup call and proceed towards Velas Beach for a final attempt atsighting of the Oliver Ridley Turtles. After returning to the homestay, we will have breakfast and pack up our bags as we bid Velas goodbye. On our way home, we will stop to visit Bankot Fort and for buying fresh Mangoes. We should arrive back in Mumbai by 9 PM (tentatively).
Ticket A (Includes AC Bus Transport) - INR 3,000 (3,150 including 5 % GST)
Ticket B (Transport excluded) - INR 1,500 (1,575 including 5 % GST)
Includes – Air-Conditioned Bus transport (Type A ticket); Breakfast,Lunch, Dinner (Day 1) & Breakfast on Day 2; Accommodation in Homestay, Visit to Velas beach & Expertise charges. Meals would be Veg & non-Veg.
Excludes – Lunch and Dinner on day 2 and other charges not mentioned (ferry charges/ personal parking/ Mango Tasting charges etc)
Special Note: Emergence of Hatchlings of turtles is a natural process, so we cannot give guarantee of emerging possibility of the turtles on the mentioned dates. These are the most likely dates.
Dates & Prices
|Start-End Dates||Price||Trip Status||Number of travellers|
|13th Apr 2018 - 15th Apr 2018||1500.00||Already Ended||-Contact Us|
|Includes AC Bus Transport|
|13th Apr 2018 - 15th Apr 2018||1500.00||Already Ended||-Contact Us|
List of things to carry for a road trip
• Wear light, comfortable clothing for the trip
• Towel& change of clothes
• Waterproof jacket/ umbrella
• Comfortable day shoes / sandals or flip-flops
• Sensible footwear for walking
• Socks and Handkerchiefs
• Sun hat / sunglasses
• Neck pillow
• Tooth Brush & Paste
• Soap & Shampoo
• Wet wipe tissue or towel
• Packed snacks
• Bottled Drinking Water / Sippers
• Identity card
• 2 Photocopies of Identity card
• Emergency contact number
• Driving License, Vehicle papers along with photocopies (if self-driving)
• Mobile Phone with a roaming and Internet data facility
• Camera with extra memory card and Battery, Camera Charger
• Portable charger, Car Charger, AUX
• Backpack or carry bag
• Lock for Bag
• Flashlight / Head torch
Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS)
- You (“The user”) understand that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by Carvan Trips (“Us”/ “The Company”) in which the user may engage.
- The user confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
- The users’ participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold Carvan Trips responsible for any injury, accidents, illness and damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service.
- The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, Carvan Trips’ staff, service providers etc; in which case we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the user.
- If for any reason the user wishes to abruptly end the trip before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be responsible to provide any refund and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the user.
- The user is responsible to follow the instructions of the leader/ service provider and the user has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
- Cuts, bruises and minor injuries are normal for an adventure activity. First aid kit is provided and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. Carvan trips take all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required for the particular activity.
- During the trip, the trip leader’s decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
- Carvan trips hold the rights to change the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. Carvan trips will not be liable for any costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
- All activities are described as accurately as possible; however, the exact arrangements may differ slightly on any given day. Photographs are used for representation purpose and should be taken as a guide only.
- It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Carvan trips do not hold any responsibility for the outcome of any undisclosed medical condition during the trip.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited during the nature treks.
- Carvan Trips is not responsible for any unforeseen damage brought to participant's personal belongings or personal vehicle during the trip.
- If participants are found violating the rules, Carvan trips reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided.
Terms and Conditions for Road Trips
By signing up for the Road trip, the user confirms to the terms and conditions (TACS) stated below. These TACS comes into effect as soon as there is a confirmation via mail/call from our side, once you make the payment.
We respect your privacy, we are committed to protect it through our compliance with this policy. Your information will be used by our staff while processing your bookings. Your name will be given to our service providers since all bookings are made in your name. We also use your information to update you about our upcoming trips. If you do not wish to receive such information, you can notify us.
· About other members
The contract binds you and all the other members of your group for whom you have signed up on their behalf. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the Terms and Conditions.
All cancellations must be received in writing. As soon as you know that you need to cancel, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation charges are calculated from the date we receive your instructions by email. Once you email us, please call us to inform about the email sent.
· Loss of property and injuries
The users’ participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold Carvan Trips responsible for any injury, illness, accident or death as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service. Participants are also responsible to take care of their own belongings. Carvan Trips holds no responsibility for the damage or loss of any such property.
· Behavior during the trip
The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, Carvan Trips’ staff, service providers etc. If participants are found violating the rules, Carvan trips reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided. During the trip, the trip leader’s decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
· Pets on the trip
Pets are strictly not allowed during the trip. We reserve the right to refuse any animal which is considered to be potentially dangerous.
· Change in Itinerary from User’s Side
If for any given reason the participant wishes to end the trip before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, Carvan Trips will not be responsible to provide any refund and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the user.
· Change in Itinerary from service provider’s side
Carvan trips hold the rights to change the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. (including but not limited to riots, natural disasters, fire, technical problems, third party administrations, bad weather and acts of government or acts in compliance with any applicable law, regulation.) Carvan trips will not be liable for any costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances. Carvan trips reserves the right to change the date, location, amenities as long as they are of a similar standard than originally booked. In case of the downgrade in the facilities or standard, the difference will be refunded.
It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Carvan trips do not hold any responsibility for the outcome of any undisclosed medical condition during the trip.
· Disabled Guests
If you have any specific requirement due to disability, you must notify us at the time of booking. We will do our best to meet the requirements, but please note that this cannot be guaranteed.
Participants are expected to treat their accommodation with care and respect. It will be inspected before leaving. The participant will be held responsible for any damage caused during his/her stay. On departure, please leave the place clean and tidy. We reserve the right to charge you during or after your stay for any loss or damage to the property.
Participants should make sure that they are not disturbing their neighbors due to music or loud noise.
· Harmful products
Any harmful product that can cause injuries will be confiscated upon discovery. Anyone found with any suspected illegal or controlled substance (Alcohol, drugs for eg.) will be immediately removed from the Event.
· Information provided and media use
All activities are described as accurately as possible, however, the exact arrangements may differ slightly on any given day. Photographs are used for representation purpose and should be taken as a guide only.