Get ready as Carvan Trips takes you for an epic heritage cycle ride down the historic lanes of South Mumbai! This city of dreams is usually filled with people and chaos. However, there’s silence in the air as the city rests at night. The best time to explore this city is in the wee hours of the night when Mumbai, along with its heritage monuments, lights up with vivid colours and look incredibly beautiful.
We all might have whiz past through these heritage structures at some point, wondered for a second about them, and then probably went on with our busy city lives.However, they reveal a different story as we time travel to the era of Portuguese and the British! The brown washed colonial structures provide a heady mix of lights, beauty, history & nostalgia.
We’ll start our cycling trip from Colaba towards Gateway of India, explore the nearby structures and then cycle along the numerous heritage sites. On the way, we will stop for interesting stories, fun factsand of course, selfies! Now, we can understand that riding through South Mumbai can make you really, like Reaallly thirsty…So how about tanking up all those calories you burn, Guilt Free ;)
And so, we will end our epic ride at a Bar, with a chilled beer, On the House!
09:45 PM – Meet & Greet at Colaba Sweet Mart, Colaba. Proceed to pick your cycles (The early birds get the better cycles!) https://goo.gl/maps/XSAhnoNNNCP2
10:00 PM – After introduction and important instruction, start your heritage ride
11:45 PM – BEER! Finish your Ride at a Heritage Restaurant with a refreshing pint of beer
Dates – 22nd April | 29th April | 06th May | 13th May | 20th May | 27th May 2018
Final Meeting point – Colaba Sweet Mart, Colaba, Link - https://goo.gl/maps/3AGmUvq2aT42
Time – 9:45 PM Sharp (If you're late, you miss the ride!)
Charges – Rs 1000 per person (Rs 1050 PP With GST)
Includes – Cycle rental +Organizing charges + Expertise charges + Refreshments + Pint of Beer / Mocktail drink + Mechanic.
Excludes – GST (5% extra) Transport till the start point and Transport from the end point. Anything not mentioned above.
Contact number – 08976949403
We will cover prominent locations like - Gateway of India, Taj Hotel, Prince of Whales Museum, Elphinstone College & David Sassoon Library, Horniman Circle, St. Thomas Cathedral, Asiatic Society, CST, BMC headquarters, High Court, University of Bombay, Rajabai Clock Tower etc.
Dates & Prices
|Start-End Dates||Price||Trip Status||Number of travellers|
|No Dates Available. Contact us.|
Things to wear:
Jersey/T-shirt and shorts (Avoid full/ loose pants as they may get stuck in the cycle chains)
Things to be carried by you:
Ready to eat Snacks
Personal First Aid Kit & Medicines
A small backpack (to carry water, snacks etc)
Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
1 Liter water bottle
Terms and Conditions for Cycling
· For a confirmed ride, we request you to book at least 2 days in advance. On the spot bookings are subject to availability of the cycles.
· We expect the participants to know basic cycling
· While choosing the cycle, the participant should check the condition & fitness of the cycle before commencing the ride
· We expect the participants to treat the cycle and its equipment with responsibility.
· No participants can back out once the ride starts (don't worry the ride is easy)
· All participants must be physically fit to undertake cycling for a reasonable distance (upto 10 Kms).
· You understand and accept that CarvanTrips advises the wearing of cycle helmets at all times when riding.
· Participants must not cycle under the influence of alcohol, strong medication, other drugs or fatigue.
· Participants are requested to eat a healthy meal not consume alcohol the previous night to avoid dehydration.
· Cycles are the participant’s responsibility and any damage for whatever reason will be paid for by the participant.
Standard Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS)
· You (“The user”) understand that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by CarvanTrips (“Us”/ “The Company”) in which the user may engage.
· The user confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
· The users’ participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold CarvanTrips responsible for any injury, accidents, illness and damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service.
· The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, CarvanTrips’ staff, service providers etc; in which case we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the user.
· If for any reason the user wishes to abruptly end the trip before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be responsible to provide any refund and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the user.
· The user is responsible to follow the instructions of the leader/ service provider and the user has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
· Cuts, bruises and minor injuries are normal for an adventure activity. First aid kit is provided and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. CarvanTrips take all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required for the particular activity.
· During the trip, the trip leader’s decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
· CarvanTrips hold the rights to change the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. CarvanTrips will not be liable for any costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
· All activities are described as accurately as possible; however, the exact arrangements may differ slightly on any given day. Photographs are used for representation purpose and should be taken as a guide only.
· It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. CarvanTrips do not hold any responsibility for the outcome of any undisclosed medical condition during the trip.
· Carvan Trips is not responsible for any unforeseen damage brought to participant's personal belongings or personal vehicle during the trip.
· If participants are found violating the rules, CarvanTrips reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided.