It’s summer time, which means it’s time for Night Treks! The Sahyadri skyline is like a gigantic painting in the skywhich cannot be described in words. One has to personally experience this magical play of clouds, and what better view than from the tallest peak of Maharashtra! Couple that with a lovely nigh trek &camping experience, and you’ll have a weekend memoir of a lifetime!
Kalsubai, standing at 5,400 feet is the tallest peak in Maharashtra and its commanding view also overlooks all major treks in Igatpuri area including Ratangad,Harishchandragad, AMK, etc. Embark on an exhilarating trek to the mighty Kalsubai peak and camp out under the stars.
Difficulty level – Medium/High Endurance
Arrive at the Kasara Station by 6 PM in the eveningOR you May reach the base village directly in your own vehicle (contact us for more info)by 7.30 PM and have an early dinner(local authentic Maharashtrian style). Post dinner, start the trek and reach the camping ground located near the summit around midnight. You may choose to stroll around the campsite and enjoy individual merrymaking, storytelling session around the campfire or you can sneak into your tent and call it a night.
Next morning start the shorttrek to the summit.Witness the spectacular sunrise from the tallest peak of Maharashtra!After spending time at the summit, arrive back at the campsite and have breakfast.Leave the campsiteand start descendingby latest 9.30 AM to avoid the afternoon heat. After reaching the Base, headfor a scrumptiousvillage style lunch,post which you will depart back for Kasara.
3.40 PM CSTM
3.54 PM Dadar
4.03 PM kurla
4.07 PM Ghatkopar
4.20 PM Thane
6.03 PM Kasara (Ticket Counter)
Please be on time, if you miss the train, you miss the trek!
Dates & Prices
|Start-End Dates||Price||Trip Status||Number of travellers|
|No Dates Available. Contact us.|
Adult: INR 2,100 (with 5%GST)
INR 2,000 (without 5%GST)
*Kids Below 12 years
Includes – Shared Non-AC Transport (Kasara station to Kasara),Shared Tent Accommodation, Dinner (Day 1), Breakfast (Day 2), Lunch (Day 2),Parking, Expertise & Guide Charges.
Excludes –Lunch on Day 1 and Dinner on Day 2 and also anything not mentioned above.
• Please refrain from consuming Alcohol or any intoxicant up till 24 hours before the trek as it may cause severe dehydration, nausea, vomiting and risk to life.
• Avoid carrying heavy weight backpack for this trek. Keep everything covered in a plastic bag as there can be chances of raining.
• The food provided would be simple village food
*Can I do this trek? Yes, you are fit for the trek if you:
• Can jog non-stop for 2 kms, or
• Can walk for 5 kms without feeling tired & breathless, or
• Do some physical activity on a regular basis (Cycling, Swimming, Gym etc)
• Have done a simple trek before of atleast 2 hours
• Have not consumed alcohol in the past 24 hours
• Have no medical condition which causes discomfort during any physical activity
For Trekking –
• Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT
WEAR Denims or formals.
• Trekking/ Hiking shoes or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip.
Things to be carried by you:
• Water (2 Litres) Compulsory
• Torch (compulsory)
• Personal First Aid Kit
• Jacket/ Sweater for night
• Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
• Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
• A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
• Personal Sanitary Kit
• Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
• A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek).
• Sleeping bag, Mat
• Light Snacks.
Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS)
· You (“The user”) understands that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by Carvan Trips (“Us”/ “The Company”/ “We”) in which the user may engage.
· The user confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
· The users’ participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold Carvan Trips responsible for any injury, accidents, death, illness or damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service.
· The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, Carvan Trips’ staff, service providers etc; in which case we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the user.
· If for any reason the user wishes to abruptly end the trip before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be responsible to provide any return support or any refund, and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the user.
· The user is responsible to follow the instructions of the leader/ service provider and the user has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
· Cuts, bruises and minor injuries are normal for an adventure activity. First aid kit is available with the coordinator and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. Although Carvan trips takes all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required for the particular activity, the ultimate responsibility of your life & safety is your own.
· During the trip, the trip leader’s decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
· Carvan trips hold the rights to change / modify the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. In such a scenario, we will try our best and make alternate arrangements (subject to availability). However, Carvan trips will not be liable for any refunds or costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
· All activities are described as accurately as possible, however, the exact arrangements may differ slightly on any given day. Photographs are used for representation purpose and should be taken as a guide only.
· The itinerary is indicative only. A circumstantial delay can be expected on the day.
· It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Carvan trips do not hold any responsibility for any medical emergency during the trip.
· Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited during the nature treks.
· You understand that jumping into any unknown water body or going away from the group/campsite can be hazardous to life and we won’t take any responsibility for any such individual actions.
· If participants are found violating the rules, Carvan trips reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided.
· Refund will only be provided in case the trip gets cancelled by Carvan Trips; Other than that under no circumstances refund would be provided. For a detailed cancellation policy, please visit our website - http://carvantrips.com/page/cancellation-policy
· NOTE: Please refrain from consuming Alcohol or any intoxicant uptill 24 hours before the trip as it may cause severe dehydration and risk to life.