The Sahyadri skyline looks like a gigantic painting in the sky which cannot be described in words. One has to personally experience this magical play of clouds, and what better view than from the tallest peak of Maharashtra! Couple that with a lovely overnight camping experience, and you’ll have a weekend memoir of a lifetime!
Kalsubai, standing at 5,400 feet is the tallest peak in Maharashtra and its commanding view also overlooks all major treks in Igatpuri area including Ratangad, Harishchandragad, AMK, etc. Embark on an exhilarating trek to the mighty Kalsubai peak and camp out under the stars.
Difficulty level – Medium/High Endurance
Arrive at the Base village by 2 in the afternoon and have Tea/snacks. Later start the trek till the campsite and reach the camping ground located near the summit around sunset. Later stroll around the camp and enjoy individual merrymaking, storytelling session around the campfire. Afterwards enjoy local authentic Maharashtrian style Dinner
Next morning wake up and freshen up to start Trekking to reach the summit and witness the spectacular sunrise. After descending, reach the campsite and have breakfast. Leave the campsite and start descending after packing up of all gears. Reach the Base Village by lunchtime and have lunch
Dates & Prices
|Start-End Dates||Price||Trip Status||Number of travellers|
|No Dates Available. Contact us.|
Adult: INR 2,100 (with 5%GST)
INR 2,000 (without 5%GST)
Dates: 27th-28th January 2018
• Transport from Kasara station to campsite and back
• Shared Tents
• Comfortable Sleeping Mattress
• Evening- tea and snacks
• Dinner (Veg & Non-Veg)
• Lunch (Day 2)
• Water Bottle (1 ltr)
• Expertise Charges
• Dedicated Trek leaders
• Travel till Kasara and back
• Lunch on Day 1 and Dinner on Day 2
- And anything not mentioned above.
Meeting Point – Kasara Station
• Please refrain from consuming Alcohol or any intoxicant up till 24 hours before the trek as it may cause severe dehydration, nausea, vomiting and risk to life.
• Avoid carrying heavy weight backpack for this trek. Keep everything covered in a plastic bag as there can be chances of raining.
• The food provided would be simple village food
• This is a budget nature trip. The facilities available at the campsite are minimal. The tents are simple but cozy, non-luxury tents. The food will be simple but tasty authentic village food.
• Since the campsite is at an eco-sensitive zone, permanent toilets are not available at the campsite but can be accessed at a walking distance.
• In case of any unexpected change in weather or other unforeseen situations that are beyond our control and due to which camping may not be feasible, the operator will try their best to make alternate stay arrangements in the nearby homestay OR village (subject to availability).
• In case it rains, campfire will not be possible.
• The itinerary is indicative only. A circumstantial delay can be expected on the day. Please make post trip plans after adding a buffer accordingly.
*Can I do this trek? Yes, you are fit for the trek if you:
• Can jog non-stop for 2 kms, or
• Can walk for 5 kms without feeling tired & breathless, or
• Do some physical activity on a regular basis (Cycling, Swimming, Gym etc)
• Have done a simple trek before of atleast 2 hours
• Have not consumed alcohol in the past 24 hours
• Have no medical condition which causes discomfort during any physical activity
For Trekking –
• Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT WEAR Denims or formals.
• Trekking/ Hiking shoes or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip.
Things to be carried by you:
• Water (2 Litres) Compulsory
• Torch (compulsory)
• Personal First Aid Kit
• Jacket/ Sweater for night
• Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
• Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
• A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
• Personal Sanitary Kit
• Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
• A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek).
• Sleeping bag, Mat
• Light Snacks.