“Cause I'd get a thousand hugs, from ten thousand lightning bugs, as they tried to teach me how to dance! ” –Fireflies, Owl City.
A firefly is actually a beetle. A one of a kind insect which emit Bioluminescence to impress its female counterpart. It’s a celebration, before the shower of love!
Witness the glowing magic of millions of flies through your naked eyes, and capture this mesmerizing action with your lens.
Prabal machi is a huge meadow perched on a hilltop which is not too high above the sea level. It’s an ideal setting for camping as it’s got all the basic amenities (washroom etc.). Interestingly, Prabalmachi is also the base village for a popular trek in the area, Kalavantin Durg. Enthusiasts can join us for a morning trek to catch the first sunrise from the top of this geological wonder!
Difficulty level - Easy
Dates – May: 26th - 27th May | June 2nd – 3rd & June 9th - 10th
Final Meeting point – Ticket counter, Panvel Railway Station
Time – 5:30 PM
Charges – INR1,260 (with 5%GST)|INR 1,200 (without 5%GST)
Includes – Dinner on Day 1, Breakfast on Day 2, accommodation in Homestay with bedding, transport from Panvel station to campsite and back to Panvel station, Guided Trek to Kalavantin Durg, Expertise charges
Excludes – Lunch on Day 1 & 2 and other charges not mentioned.
Contact number – 08976949403
05:30 PM - Meet at Panvel Station
06:30 PM – Reach the base village and have introduction session
07:00 PM – Start the trek
09:00 PM – Reach Prabalmachi, freshen up and have Dinner
10:00 PM – Night trail to spot and photograph Firefiles
11:00 PM – Come back, bond over stories, campfire and music
12:00 AM – Lights out
06:00 AM – Wake up call and tea
07:00 AM – Trek to Kalavantin Durg
10:30 AM – Come back, have breakfast and then leave for base village.
12:00 PM – Leave back with beautiful memories
Note – 1 Since the monsoon can arrive anytime, we won’t be camping in tents (but the fun of camping is always there!) So do bring along a sleeping bag, if you have one. A blanket and mat will also be provided to sleep in a shelter at Prabalmachi.
2 Please refrain from consuming Alcohol or any intoxicant uptill 24 hours before the trek as it may cause severe dehydration and risk to life.
Dates & Prices
|Start-End Dates||Price||Trip Status||Number of travellers|
|Get a discount of 5% on booking 5 or more.|
|9th Jun 2018 - 10th Jun 2018||1200||Available|
|Includes – Dinner, Breakfast, accommodation in Homestay with bedding, transport from Panvel station to campsite and back to Panvel station, Guided Trek to Kalavantin Durg, Expertise charges|
Things to wear:
• Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT WEAR Denims or formals.
• Trekking/ Hiking shoes (Floaters and Sandals are not allowed) or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip.
Things to be carried by you:
• Water (2 Liters) Compulsory
• Torch (compulsory)
• Personal First Aid Kit
• Wind cheater/Rain coat/ Poncho
• Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
• Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
• A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
• Personal Sanitary Kit
• Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
• A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek)
• Sleeping bag (optional)
How to reach?
Catch a CST – Panvel bound train.
Timings mentioned below
04:00 PM – CST
04:18 PM – Vadala Road
04:29 PM – Kurla
04:48 PM – Vashi
05:18 PM – Panvel
Once you reach Panvel, meet us at the ticket counter. For any clarification, feel free to call us
NOTE: Please refrain from consuming Alcohol or any intoxicant uptill 24 hours before the trek as it may cause severe dehydration and risk to life.
Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS)
• You (“The user”) understands that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by Carvan Trips (“Us”/ “The Company”/ “We”) in which the user may engage.
• The user confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
• The users’ participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold Carvan Trips responsible for any injury, accidents, death, illness or damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service.
• The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, Carvan Trips’ staff, service providers etc; in which case we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the user.
• If for any reason the user wishes to abruptly end the trip before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be responsible to provide any return support or any refund, and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the user.
• The user is responsible to follow the instructions of the leader/ service provider and the user has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
• Cuts, bruises and minor injuries are normal for an adventure activity. First aid kit is available with the coordinator and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. Although Carvan trips takes all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required for the particular activity, the ultimate responsibility of your life & safety is your own.
• During the trip, the trip leader’s decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
• Carvan trips hold the rights to change / modify the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. In such a scenario, we will try our best and make alternate arrangements (subject to availability). However, Carvan trips will not be liable for any refunds or costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
• All activities are described as accurately as possible, however, the exact arrangements may differ slightly on any given day. Photographs are used for representation purpose and should be taken as a guide only.
• The itinerary is indicative only. A circumstantial delay can be expected on the day.
• It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Carvan trips do not hold any responsibility for any medical emergency during the trip.
• You understand that jumping into any unknown water body or going away from the group/campsite can be hazardous to life and we won’t take any responsibility for any such individual actions.
• If participants are found violating the rules, Carvan trips reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided.
• Refund will only be provided in case the trip gets cancelled by Carvan Trips; Other than that under no circumstances refund would be provided. For a detailed cancellation policy, please visit our website - http://carvantrips.com/page/cancellation-policy